How to Become a Data Scientist
What Does a Data Scientist Do?
- Computer programming
- Data mining (discovering patterns in large data sets)
- Machine learning (teaching machines to learn from data)
- Database management
- Data visualization
Data Science vs. Data Analytics
Data Science Careers
What Makes a Good Data Scientist?
Data Scientist Qualifications
A Bachelor’s Degree
A Master’s in Data Science
Work Experience Requirements
Why Choose DataScience@Denver?
- Enroll without prior programming experience: As mentioned above, our program offers three “bridge” courses to help you bring your programming and math skills up to date. You will take these courses alongside your core coursework.
- Develop in-demand skills: Our curriculum covers key topics like probability and statistics, Python software development, and data mining. We constantly update our course offerings to align with current industry needs.
- Collaborate in real-time: With courses delivered through live, face-to-face video and an online platform that allows small breakout sessions, you’ll be able to work through topics, ask questions and interact with peers and faculty face to face in real time.